Market Position Statement Definitions
Essex County Council use a number of different abbreviations and acronyms that may be included in the content of the Market Position Statement, definitions for these are outlined below:
Market Rating Definitions
Each market has been assessed on the following criteria by our heads of commissioning and procurement leads.
- Market Quality: The rating is defined by the total number of providers with the current their CQC rating across the specific market if applicable. Essex County Council aim to use Good or Outstanding providers.
- Market Supply: This rating is defined by current demand with existing capacity within each market.
- Market Maturity: This rating is defined by the current market with the current market ambition.
- Market Workforce: This rating is defined by our current understanding of demand, capacity and pressures indicated by providers within each market area.
- ECC Demand: This rating is defined by known demand through the Adult Social Care System linked to current provision.
- ECC Ambition: This is defined by designated Commissioning and Procurement Leads on the understanding on their market(s).