Care providers requiring information to support a hospital discharge should use the following telephone numbers:
Care package / placement restarts
- Providers looking to speak to ward staff to get additional information in relation to the needs of an Adult, prior to discharge should in the first instance contact the ward directly. The ward number and name should be included on the Information to Service (ISP). For ease of reference these are listed on the attachment.
- If the provider is unable to get a response from the ward, the provider should then contact the Integrated Discharge Hub on 01206 748 338
New care packages / placements
- For information around the needs of the Adult not included within the ISP, providers should contact the ward
- For information relating to equipment, medication or transport, providers should contact the Integrated Discharge Hub (01206 748 338)
- For information regarding start date or any other queries regarding the purchase order, providers should contact SPT on 03330139974
Office opening hours:
8.30am - 5pm Monday to Thursday
8.30am - 4pm Friday
Emergency On Call Service for Beds: Saturday & Sunday 9am - 4pm with a cut off at 1pm
How do I know if my concern is a safeguard?
Please refer to ECC's Safeguarding Adults Decision Support Guidance. Here you will find examples of when, and when not, to raise a safeguarding concern. However, the list is not exhaustive therefore should you need advice you can call the Organisational Safeguarding Duty line on 033301 39032 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I raise a safeguard?
Essex - 0345 6037630 (out of hours 0345 606 1212)
Southend - 01702 215008
Thurrock - 01375 511000
OR complete a Safeguarding Adult Concern Form (previously SETSAF)
You can also speak to the Adult's allocated social worker if known.
Further information: http://www.essexsab.org.uk/professionals/reporting-concerns-setsaf-forms/
- Monday - Thursday: 09:00 - 18:30
- Friday: 09:00 - 18:00
- Saturday: 09:00 - 17:00
During normal working hours, the contacts are as follows:
- Main Number: 03330 139972
- Team Mobile: 07825 927106
- Mark Armstrong: 07827 976342
Support Services Team:
- Main Number: 03330 139974
- Rota Mobile: 07920 286325
- Team Mobile: 07774 337494
- Team Manager South (Adam Collier): 07748 623522
- Team Manager North (Bryn Morgan): 07557 081544
- Team Manager Mid & West (Hannah Rose): 07881 310779