The Essex Shared Lives scheme will provide people with care and support needs the opportunity to be part of the family and community life of a Shared Lives Host. Our service aims to ensure that people using Shared Lives are:
• treated as part of the Shared Lives Host’s family or household
• supported to be part of their local community
• supported to learn and use new skills
• do as much as they can for themselves
• are treated equally, with consideration and respect, so they have privacy in their home and life
• supported to make their own choices and decisions so they can lead the kind of life they want and achieve the things that are important to them.