Early intervention and prevention is one of the seven priorities for ASC. Developing a visible and transparent Early Help Offer will contribute to prevent, reduce and/or delay demand for specialist support. This focuses on:
- Understanding the demand on the Adult Social Care front door.
- Identifying how the system works to prevent, reduce, and delay that demand.
- Identifying interventions; processes; workforce that deliver Early Help.
- Exposing opportunities to do things better, particularly around being able to respond and support people earlier.
- Enabling effective commissioning and de-commissioning decisions.
- Identifying system improvements and opportunities for joint-working and placed based services.