Strong, inclusive and sustainable economic growth will improve not only the living standards of people in Essex but also their health and wellbeing, opportunities, and life chances. Securing economic prosperity is the best means of helping people help themselves; and an inclusive economy is one where the benefit of growth is shared by all.
This Theme comprises two Outcomes:
Essex residents in employment, skills gaps reduced and barriers to employment reduced for disadvantaged groups
This Outcome is about promoting sustainable employment as an employer, focused on the creation and support of local employment. A complete set of resources is shared in the catalogue section Employment and Skills Development.
This Outcome is also about investing in your team skills, your business and contributing to increase the number of well qualified adults in Essex, supporting workers in Essex to access skilled jobs and fulfil their potential.
Business growth and the impact of public sector spend within the county maximised
This Outcome is about the impact of your business in the Essex communities through your supply chain, looking at your expenditure within local business and local SMEs. A complete set of Guidance and Resources resources is shared in the catalogue section Small Businesses, Social Enterprises and Voluntary Organisations
- Employer Toolkit: A guide to Apprenticeships with ACL (PDF, 2,161KB). This step-by-step guide provides simplified information and guidance on all aspects of an apprenticeship journey you need to know as an employer. It has been designed by ACL Essex; an apprentice delivery partner available to help you delivering your apprenticeship programme. Find out more about ACL apprenticeship support to employers at their website.
- If you have unspent levy funds, you can transfer them to SMEs and support upskilling Essex small business workforce. The Essex Apprenticeship Levy Transfer Service can help you, it is a free service for employers. For more information visit www.essexalts.co.uk . See below some SMEs successful stories.
- ACL collected apprenticeship stories about employers and employees' journeys. Find here some testimonials from Essex businesses:
- Abberton RuralTraining is an Essex-based training provider with a diverse workforce and positive staff wellbeing programme.
- Matrix has been working closely with Essex County Council's Entry to Work team, to create skills and work experience opportunities.
- Summit are an Essex based charity that supports vulnerable people to lead meaningful lives on their own terms, we are aware of the many challenges and obstacles people face when seeking appropriate employment.